Reflections from the project


We planned to make an app like Jodel but for outdoor sports. One of the given themes for the app was outdoor activities. It was easy to start making the app from that point because Jodel gave good inspiration. Mostly needed features were posting, reading posts pleasantly, categories and commenting. These features were chosen for their importance to make discussion possible. Firstly, I made posting and reading so it can be tested as early as possible. Then commenting and last of those categories. As previously stated in blog posts I was working mostly on the technical side. In my opinion, technical side was the most interesting part of the project.

Important part of projects especially in school is what you learn. I think that I learned much from the project. Team working was useful because when you program an app for team project you have always some testers ready for the app. Also, teamwork is always a needed skill in software. My experience from Firebase was low before the project but now I am confident with it. There was not anything very unexceptional but even more little things that needed to be solved but that is normal with programming.

I am proud of how fast I made the app working and how well it is working with Firebase. If I remember right, it only took few days to make minimal viable product from our plan. After that app got many improvements and now it is quite pleasant to use. Later, when the app was on that stage, we needed a logo for it, and I got in drawing with Gimp. You can check the logo and app icon from the earlier post. We will be telling more of our app in our English course’s trade fair. Trade fair will be hold remotely because of the current situation in the world. Interesting to see how it works remotely because we have not had to give remote presentations earlier at our university.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review

Some parts of developing the app

About me and my interesting project